Featured Post

"Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" AKA Blade Runner 2 UPDATE


I had no idea that 1982's  Blade Runner starring Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer and Sean Young was based on this Philip K. Dick book. Pretty cool cover, eh? The film has become a cult classic, which is why all my sci-fi friends are so stoked that Harrison Ford in reprising his role as Rick Deckard in an all new Untitled Blade Runner Project. That's cool, I guess. I've always liked Harrison Ford; he's an old-fashioned manly man. Doesn't seek out the spotlight. Strong, quiet, not a bunch of talk. 



Come to think of it, Ryan Gosling, who is joining Ford in the Blade Runner redux, burns with that same kind of fire. Works hard, keeps his head down. Not that he can't be a total goofball but he's not a big, braggy type. No attitude, I guess is more exact. Picks his roles carefully, doesn't just go for the super-hyped parts. Assuming it's a sequel, what part will Gosling be playing?  Ford is so much older now, could Gosling be his sidekick? I just hope he's not a replicant. If you know more than I do, don't be greedy, share the knowledge. 



As much as I adored Mr. Ford as Indiana Jones, Han Solo and Jack Ryan and especially loved him in Witness and Working Girl, Blade Runner was not my cup of tea. I didn't much care for the noir-meets-sci-fi futuristic stuff but with Mr. Gosling on board? You can bet I'll be in the theater. 

Ridley Scott who directed the original is producing and has a hand in the story. Original writer Hampton Fancher is back penning the screenplay. Acclaimed cinematographer Roger Deakins is doing the camerawork and French director Denis Villeneuve (Enemies, Prisoner) is directing. 



UPDATE: 6/10/2016
The newest info: Mackenzie Davis from Halt & Catch Fire is joining the cast. On a personal note, the hubster worked with Ryan on Drive (he's an Assistant Director) AND with Ms. Davis for the first season of Halt & Catch Fire. My hubsand is a fun person to play 'Six Degrees of Separation' with.  He and Ryan cracked each other up when they shot Drive and when I met Ryan at the wrap party he told me my husband was the one who should be onscreen. Did he mean it? Who knows but it was a nice thing to say. I don't know about hubby's relationship with Mackenzie as the series was shot on location in Atlanta and he tries not to talk about the women too much for fear the green eyed monster in me awakes!

When was the last time you watched Blade Runner from 1982? Here's the trailer to refresh your memory. The movie is available on many of the usual platforms; iTunes, Amazon, YouTube, GooglePlay. What do you think? Are you up for a sequel?



Originally published in June of 2015.