Featured Post

Julianne Moore and Kristen Stewart in short and sweet clip from Still Alice #book2movie


Oh, what a glorious Slacker Sunday! Last week, to coincide with the debut of the screen adaptation of Still Alice at the Toronto International Film Festival, I reposted my take on Lisa Genova's novel about the brilliant college professor struck in mid-life by early onset Alzheimer's disease. Thanks to what everyone is calling an Oscar worthy performance by Julianne Moore with strong support from Kristen Stewart, Alec Baldwin, and Kate Bosworth, SONY has picked up the movie to release during this year's Oscar season. So those of us not lucky enough to catch it at TIFF will be able to see it in our local movie houses soon. There's still no release date but films have to be released before the end of the year to qualify for the Academy's award so we'll have something more than pumpkins, turkeys and holiday bells to look forward to in the next few months.

Hooray! I really can't wait to cry my eyes out. In the meantime, a short clip has been making the rounds. It's not a spoiler, just a sweet moment between mother and daughter having the kind of chat many of us have had with our own parents, and/or our own kids.



There's still no trailer, still no poster. This Still Alice clip is still all we've got so I'm going to settle back with my second cup of coffee and take a look before I start my day. Start my day? It's only 58 seconds, I just may have to watch it several times. Cheers!