Featured Post

Inherent Vice: The Trailer has Landed #book2movie


When it rains, it pours and all that jazz. At long last, we're getting both the poster for  Inherent Vice and a 'teaser trailer' and man, is that trailer a doozy! Paul Thomas Anderson is going for broad comedy, quite a change from The Master and There Will Be Blood!  But like the lighter tone of Boogie Nights, Inherent Vice clearly goes dark too. While Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Benicio del Toro, Katherine Waterston and the entire cast look like they're having a blast here, the big surprise for me is Josh Brolin as Bigfoot Bjornsen. Check him out barking orders, butchering whatever foreign language that's supposed to be. I can't wait to see more of that! I take back what I said about Reese Witherspoon's hair; her big flip looks flipping' fantastic. Is it true to the book? The book was so Inherent Vice opens officially December 12th. 

I'm feeling pretty jealous of all those lucky New Yorkers who get to see the movie when it debuts at the New York Film Festival this Friday, October 3rd.  I'll get over it, I'll be watching Gone Girl instead. How about you?